Whether you use Android or an iPhone, we’ll show you how to remove your Google account on your phone.
How to Remove Google Accounts on Android
- Navigate to Settings > Users & Accounts.
- Find your Google account in the list and tap it.
- At the bottom of the options list, tap Remove Account.
- Confirm that this will remove all information related to your account on your phone.
Because your Google account links to so much on your Android device, this will remove access to your contacts, photos from Google Photos, access to the Play Store, your email in Gmail, and more. It’s a good first step for going Google-free on your Android How to Use Android Without Google: Everything You Need to Know Want to use Android without Google? No Google, no problem. Here's a guide to going Google-free on your Android device to regain privacy. Read More , but it’s not an easy transition.
How to Remove Google Accounts on iOS
- Head to Settings > Accounts & Passwords and tap the Gmail entry.
- You’ll see your Google account information here, including what’s synced. Tap Delete Account and confirm the prompt to remove it from your iPhone.
This won’t remove as much information as the same process on Android, since you probably have your information synced to your Apple ID. But it will still remove access to your Gmail, synced contacts, Google Calendar, and more.
When you remove your Google account from your phone, you’re not deleting your Google account completely How to Delete Your Google Account That's it. You've had enough. Google knows too much about you and it's time to delete your Google Account. Read More . You can re-add your account through the same method you originally used if you change your mind. And all the information in your account is safe in your account, which you can log into from any browser.
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.