- Bing users and consumers
Bing is a web search engine that you can access using a web browser like Internet Explorer or Edge. Bing has also other apps or services such as Bing Maps, Bing Bar (a browser extension toolbar) or Bing Desktop (a program developed to allow users to search Bing from the desktop). If you are using Windows 10, you can also search the Internet using Cortana which uses Bing.
To better assist you in deleting Bing permanently, we would like to know the following information:
- Do you want to disable Bing search on Cortana?
- Do you want to uninstall Bing apps and programs on your computer?
- Do you want to remove Bing as the default search engine on your computer?
- What is the build and version of Windows that you are using?
If you want to disable Bing search in the Windows 10 Start menu and limit Start menu searches to only local files, you may follow these steps:
- Click the Start button.
- Type Cortana in the Search field.
Click Cortana & Search settings.
Click the switch beneath Cortana can give you suggestions, reminders, alerts, and more at the top of the menu so that it turns off.
Click the switch beneath Search online and include web results so that it turns off.
If you want to uninstall Bing apps, you may refer to the following links:
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.