Disclaimer: As of March 2020 this function is no longer possible on newer versions of the Facebook Messenger app.
Facebook Messenger automatically updates new contacts, however it's also possible to disable this feature. This FAQ will show you how to get started.
Facebook Messenger - Disable updates about new contacts
- Sign-in to Facebook Messenger.
- Tap on the cog shaped button to access the Settings menu
- Clear the New contacts - Get updates about new Messenger contacts checkbox.
A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated.
- How to delete updates on messenger
- How to delete updates in messenger - Best answers
- How to remove updates in messenger - Best answers
- How to delete updates on messenger iphone - Forum - Facebook
- Delete updates on facebook messenger - How-To - Instant Messaging
- Windows 10 delete update cache - How-To - Windows
- How to delete threads on messenger - How-To - Instant Messaging
- How to delete people on messenger - How-To - Instant Messaging
Facebook Messenger - Pin your favorite contacts for easy access
How To Mute a User or Group on Facebook Messenger