My iPhone 5 has an album which has been saved onto it through iTunes from another laptop, when I try and delete the album through iTunes it doesn't seem to give me the option to do so. If anyone could be able to inform me on how to complete the action of deleting the album I would appreciate it, Thank you.
4 Answers 4
Temporarily enabling icloud photo sync deletes all the itunes-sync'd photos.
Tried all these solutions, nothing worked. However, toggling icloud photo sync worked for me, because iOS won't let you sync both ways (itunes and icloud).
- If you don't want your camera roll going to icloud, import all of your photos first with image capture, then delete your camera roll so it doesn't upload anything.
- Settings > iCloud > Photos > Enable iCloud Photos
- Prompts: "Syncing photos . is not supported . Remove Photos and Videos"?
- Click ok. Important: I had 20,000+ sync'd photos and I had to re-do this about every 7000 photos or so.
- Go over to your photos app and watch the numbers drop on "selfies", "videos", etc
- Turn iCloud photo sync back off Settings > iCloud > Photos > Disable iCloud Photos
- The folders will remain (but no pictures in them)
- Plug the phone in via usb, launch itunes, sync one small pictures folder. This will remove all the remaining empty folders from the previous sync.