Wonder how to delete text messages on iPhone 6/6s/7/8/X/Xs/XR/11? Read this post to learn 3 methods to delete message on iPhone, even you want to delete them all at once and permanently.
iPhone Data Deleting Tips
Delete Media Files
- Delete Photos on iPhone but not iCloud
- Delete Synced Photos on iPhone
- Delete Multiple Songs on iPhone
- Delete Playlists on iPhone
- Delete Videos on iPhone
- Delete Ringtones on iPhone
- Delete Voice Mail on iPhone
- Delete Voice Memos on iPhone
Delete Personal Files
- How to Erase an iPhone
- Delete All Emails on iPhone
- Delete All Contacts on iPhone
- Delete Apps on iPhone
- Delete Calendar Events on iPhone
- Delete Messages on iPhone
- Delete Bookmarks on iPhone
- Delete Books from iBooks
- Delete Temporary Files on iPhone
- Delete Game Pigeon on iPhone
- Delete Documents & Data on iPhone
Fix iPhone Data Deleting Problems
- Does Reset iPhone Delete Data
- How to Undelete a Conversation
- Fix iPhone Won’t Delete Photos
- Fix iPhone Won’t Delete Email
- Fix iPhone WonвЂ™t Delete Voicemail
With the release of iOSВ 13,В the Message app on the iPhone brings more fun. Besides edited pictures/videos, songs and apps sharing by iMessages, the popular 4 Bubble Effects and 9 Screen Effects, Animoji are also still there.
But the more time you use this new Messages features on your iPhone, the more space these message conversations will take up. Or your iPhone has received too many advertisements and junk messages. Or some of your messages are too sensitive and personal, you donвЂ™t want to others to see it, and plan to remove them permanently.
DonвЂ™t worry. In this tutorial, we will provide you with three methods to delete messages on iPhone 6/6s/7/8/X/Xs/XR/11 for all of your situations.
- Part 1. Delete Messages on iPhone within Messages App
- Part 2. How to Delete Messages of One Person on iPhone
- Part 3. How to Delete Messages on iPhone Permanently
Part 1. Delete Messages on iPhoneВ within Messages App
Message app only enables you to remove multiple messages only by selecting one by one manually. If there are hundreds of messages, or more to delete, this way would be very time-consuming. Meanwhile, they are not deleted permanently, either. They will still exist on the iPhone for a while, till being overwritten. So if your request for easier multiple, or all, and permanent deletion, please move to Part 3 for the solution.
Step 1. Go to Message app > Tap Edit.
Step 2. Select the one(s) you want to delete. If deleting all, check them all one by one. Then tap Delete.
Part 2. How to Delete Messages of One Person on iPhone
If your plan is to delete some specific message(s) in one conversation, please follow the steps below to make it. But please note that this way is as same as method 1. It will not erase the messages permanently, but Part 3 does.
Step 1. Go to Message app > Enter the conversation.
Step 2. Tap and hold on a message until the menu pops up > Then tap More.
Step 3. Now you can choose the items you want to delete, and then tap the trash icon. Or you can tap Delete All to remove them all.
Part 3. How to Delete Messages on iPhone Permanently
But on many occasions, users need to remove some messages permanently, such as the top-secret items, or when you plan to sell the device, and so on. So how to make it? We sincerely recommend the worldвЂ™s first iOS cleaning & optimization tool вЂ“ PhoneClean to help you. Why?
- PhoneClean supports permanently deleting text messages from iPhone and makes sure the deleted items cannot be recovered.
- Massively or selectively delete messages threads from iPhone as you need.
- Besides messages, it also helps delete notes, call history, voicemails, and more.
- Also, clear unneeded junk files like app junks, user caches, large and old files, Safari history, cookies and more from iPhone to free up space.
So why not download it now, and follow the steps to permanently delete iPhone messages?
Step 1. Run it on your PC/Mac > Connect your iPhone to it > Select Privacy Clean, and click the Scan button to continue.
How to Delete Messages on iPhone Permanently – Step 1
Step 2. After the scan is over, double click Sensitive Data to view the messages on your iPhone. Choose the messages you want to delete, and then back to the result page.
How to Delete Messages on iPhone – Step 2
Step 3. Click the Clean button to remove messages from iPhone.
How to Delete Messages on iPhone X/8 Permanently вЂ“ Step 3
The Bottom Line
As you can see, with PhoneClean, there are only three steps needed, and you can delete messages on iPhoneВ В 6/6s/7/8/X/Xs/XR/11 permanently. Why not give it a try right now? If you have any questions about it, you can contact us via email, or leave your messages in the comments below, and we will answer you as soon as possible.
More Related Articles
- How to View iPhone Text Messages on PC/Mac Computer >
- How to Fix iPhone Messages Keep Indexing and Attachments not Showing up >
- How to Fix the iMessage Not Syncing Between iDevices Issue >
- iPhone 2019: Top 10 Features in AppleвЂ™s New iPhone 11 >
Member of iMobie team as well as an Apple fan, love to help more users solve various types of iOS & Android related issues.