- How To Read Erased Text Messages on iPhone?
- How to See WhatsApp Deleted Messages?
- How to Create a Fake iMessage on iOS 12/11/10?
- iMessage Out of Order in iOS 11/12? Fix It Now!
iCloud backs up your messages. This is a good thing since stuff happens and you may end up losing your iPhone or someone may delete important messages on your device. But, what if you need to safeguard your privacy? iCloud is not safe and hackers have been known to breach the Apple service. In this article, we show you how to delete messages from iCloud and on iPhone.
- Part 1: How to Delete Messages from iCloud?
- Part 2: How to Permanently Delete Messages from iPhone?
How to Delete Messages from iCloud?
It could have been a great thing if Apple actually made it possible to delete messages only from iCloud. Unfortunately deleting messages only from iCloud is not possible. What we will show you is how to stop Messages from being uploaded to iCloud. Follow the steps below to do this:
Steps to Delete Messages from iCloud
Step 1: Open Settings on your iOS device and then tap Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store.
Step 2: Tap Manage Storage. You will see Messages in the next interface. Tap it.
Step 3: Click on Disable & Delete. There will be a pop up message, “This will disable Messages in iCloud and delete all your messages stored in iCloud. You have 30 days to undo this action. Your device will automatically download your messages.”
Step 4: Tap Delete Messages option. Then you will see “In 30 days, the messages stored in iCloud will be deleted”. You can click on Undo Disable & Delete to undo this action.
How to Permanently Delete Messages from iPhone?
After the above steps, your messages will be deleted from iCloud in 30 days and downloaded to your iPhone automatically. To permanently delete them, you will have to delete them from your iPhone. If you delete these messages using the conventional means (delete from Messages App), the messages won’t be completely gone. They can be recovered using third-party tools. To make sure that these messages cannot be recovered, you need to use a permanent eraser. One of the best permanent eraser is known as the iMyFone Umate Pro. The features this tool has to offer include:
- It will help you permanently delete your messages in a single click with a 0% chance of them being recovered even by the FBI.
- You can scan the messages you had deleted via the conventional means (delete from Messages App) and erase them permanently.
- You get to preview your messages on Umate Pro so that you can erase them selectively.
- Umate Pro is not just capable of erasing your messages permanently. It will also help you safeguard your other private data such as videos, photos, call history, contacts, Safari data, and more by erasing them permanently.
- You get to permanently erase data from third-party applications (messages/attachments/fragments) such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Kik, and More.
- It's recommended by lots of noted media arround the world: MacWorld, iPhoneinCanada, APPKED, etc.
Steps to Permanently Delete Messages from iPhone
To erase your messages using Umate Pro, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Launch iMyFone Umate Pro and then connect your iOS device to the computer. Trust the computer. On the left-hand column, click Erase Private Data and then click Scan.
Step 2: After the scan, you will be able to view your private data. Select Message (at the top of the data list) to preview your messages and select the ones you wish to delete.
Step 3: Tap Erase Now after selecting the messages you wish to delete. Keep your iOS device connected to the computer until the erase process is complete.